Friday, February 3, 2017

New in town. Seeking new friends

I recently moved to the DC area from Chicago. I have fewer friends here and most of them are married with kids. I decided to use OkCupid as a way to meet new people. After a few weeks, I have met 4 men. Every time, they seem to expect a kiss on the first date. What did I give off that made you think that I was going to be receptive to a kiss?

Here's the problem...I get along with almost everyone. I am affable, laid back, and have an easy-to-talk to personality. I feel that men mistake great conversation with romantic or sexual chemistry. Great conversation dost not make for great instant relationship. Friendship, for sure. I can't establish what our chemistry is after talking about movies and tv shows and critiquing them for a couple hours. Nor talking about how untravelled you are and how scared you are of the world. And the 3some thing came up with 3 of the 4 guys.

It goes something like this:
Guy: Hey, don't you think she's attractive? (nods toward woman at bar next to me)
Me: Yes
Guy: I wouldn't mind picking up someone and us doing a 3some. I mean, you're attracted to women and men. Or we can find one online if you'd like.

First, did I ever offer that to you? No! Second, what makes you think I'd even do that with you after I explicitly say on my profile NO THREESOMES OR COUPLES?! Objectification and stereotypes at their best. You have to be far more attractive and respectable to get this unicorn instead of acting like a sleaze and looking 30lbs more than all your pictures online.


No comments:

Post a Comment